Things I do to manage my Ulcerative Colitis which is Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD):
- I have my Colitis ‘kit’ which I take out with me (spare underpants, baby wipes and couple of nappy sacks, in case of any accidents)
- Take my medication regularly
- Use the enema when I have an attack
- Try and drink lots of water and/or squash
- Go to bed if an attack is to bad, sleeping it off, eases UC
- Think about my diet, wheat and spicy food are bad news
- Talk to my wife and family about it.
- I have managed to get a disabled parking Blue Badge so I can park easily if I need to dash to the loo
- I am going to look into getting some Incontinence pads or pants, to help me feel safer when out.